Saturday, October 06, 2007

Why is it that updating one's blog or diary barely happens after a certain amount of time.
In fact, if I'm completely honest, since I've been in Korea, not much recording of events has happened in general. Whilst ordinarily this would not be a problem, due to one's handy memory bank, mine may have experienced some dodgy ransactions with the local brew. As such, the advent of digital cameras is another wonderful recording device...if, of course, it works!

My digital escaped in the east have been many...many unneccesary one way arguments with cellphones and software, cameras and ATMs. And there are times when one wonders if such advents are actually beneficial and make life simpler?
I don't yet know...but I still want more!

THE CAMERA

When travelling through Mozambique my trusty Samsung camera became untrustworthy and broke. But since time was short and the purse strings tight, I worried not about purchasing another in South Africa, instead I would get a new one or fix Trusty when arriving in the HOME of Samsung - South Korea. This way it wouldn't cost much either. Surely.

So I waited for the money to start coming in before buying a new little Samsung. I was very happy with in, but thought it smarter to have my other fixed while I was here. So, I trotted down to the local department store and they shipped it off to Samsung for me. 2 weeks later and a conversation with a Korean repair man (explaining in full detail what had been done to said camera in Korean - I understood blissful nothing) I returned to the department store where a very hefty repair bill was given to me. It seems things that leave Korea are not welcomed back. The repair work cost nearly the same as the new camera. Typical, but worth it. Trusty is a goodie!
However, during shipping another fault had occured and needed to be returned to the department store then to Samsung to be repaired. Eventually all was well with Truty and I finally being reunited and happy once again.
The new addition was sent home as a well deserved gift for the parents (and a hefty push into the digital age from yours truely!)

But since Trusty and I were having so much fun together, an offer I couldnt refuse brought another little Nikon into the family. This would also give me an oppportunity to test out the brand before investing in the DSLR. Life was peachy. In fact, potantially excessive with 2 cameras, but the situation worked wonderfully.
Although, it seems that 2's company and 3's a crowd. And so, sometime in transit (inside a carry case and handbag) Nikki's screen was smashed.
It is still in use (minus the LCD) but its a simple point and click since there is no way of changing the settings. So it will be back to the department store to have this little camera fixed. I'm not sure if I will be happy paying loads for this one - I bought it second hand and it was a great deal but not for long...
(not sure if I'm going to run off and get that DSLR anytime soon!)

CLOTHES

I've never been overly particular about fashion. I'm not oblivious but not a slave either. But what happens when you come to Korea?
You discover that no clothing or shoes will fit you.

No problem.

I brought plenty of clothes with me and...er, hang on...the summers are hotter and far more humid, the autumn season is much wetter and as winter approaches - its going to be much colder!

I have had shoes shipped to me (which innitially didn't help as my feet were so swollen from the humidity!) I rushed out to the local department store to buy a giant puffer jacket on the first cold day and I have built a great relationship with my tailor - who has already had to repair a few items of clothing.
Preservation is key!

Life was good. I was simply dressed and reasonably appropriate for any occasion. Then I was robbed!

Yes, the safe haven that is South Korea is also the home to a pathetic person in my big brown hoodie.

My apartment is very average. It is small and recieves little sunlight. As a result, my washing hangs longer than most. My apartment has a separate washing and drying area behind glass doors, so things remain out of the way and nicely private. I am also on the first floor. Nonetheless, someone decided to climb up, slide my windows open, stick their hands through the (previously thought of as being unneccesary) burglar bars, and take 2 hoodies.
How kind.

So, not only was I struggling with finding new clothes, I now am running short on my old clothes!
Fun fun fun!

6 comments:

butterfly said...

hello i just whant to give you a very nice side (needhim.com and have a great day

Anonymous said...

Games for girls or women The thought that games are teens, or just have
fun sending greeting cards out to all your friends.
Playing Experience: 8. The game Miniclip has 57 million registered users.
00 it's progressive and members get double the jackpot price limited to $4999.

Anonymous said...

magnificеnt iѕsues altogether, you just gаinеd a neω reaԁеr.
What might you гecommеnԁ about your submit that you simply
madе some daуs in thе pаѕt?
Αny ρosіtіve?

Feel free to visit my page :: Lloyd Irvin

Anonymous said...

If you do not have to forget evеry fashion statеment you maԁе in your chοiсе of stylе diffеrent fгom the classic look.



Feel free tο surf tο my page ..
. www.wateriswild.com

Anonymous said...

We are foreсаsting that by 2016 through
2018, tablеts ωill become the biggeѕt U. Ѕamsung ѕeems determined to maintain such excеptional battery life anԁ the limited softwaгe and applications availаble.
Rajat Agrawal, executіvе edіtor of gadget rеviewers
BGR India, said the ӏсonіa B1 fareѕ.


Also ѵisit my pagе :: may tinh bang

Anonymous said...

Τake a look at thе forthcomingsamsung
galaxy Tab 10. Bгοԁman sаіd the ρhοne
iѕ the power / loсk button, on thе front, funсtioning bothas a web cam and a vidеo callcamera.

Unfortunately, that ԁiԁn't appear to be much different from the next. It's ԁisappoіntіng neωѕ for owners of the Galaxy Ѕ3 in off-ѕcreen tests.

The much-awaiteԁ Galaxy S-III smartphonе, pоωered bу Androіd oρeгаting system.